Plant Maintenance Technician-Welder
This is a full-time position. Chosen candidate must be able to TIG and MIG Weld. Materials commonly used: steel, stainless and aluminum.
The Plant Maintenance Technician is responsible for repairing and maintaining machinery and mechanical equipment, such as motors, pneumatic tools, production injection molding machines and equipment using hand tools, power tools and precision measuring testing instruments. Diagnose machinery components and determines when adjustments or repairs are required. Increasing level of responsibility per experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs repairs in accordance with Safety Rules and OSHA. (Occupational and Safety Health Act) requirements.
- Fabrication knowledge (Mig/Tig/Arc/Oxy Acetylene/brazing etc.)
- Performs preventive maintenance inspection (PM); diagnose, repair, and rebuild major equipment/components including but not limited to balers, hydraulic power packs, diverters, compressors, trash compactors, motors, fans, pumps, forklifts, material loaders and building equipment.
- Maintains DEI (Daily Equipment Inspections) backlog.
- Establishes and adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules and advises Plant Maintenance Manager if additional work is needed or cannot be completed within the Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Recommends measures to improve production, equipment performance and product quality.
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot and identify electrical system including but not limited to; automated systems (PLCs, HMIs, VFDs) 3ph power, Transformers, Electric Motors, Rectifiers, Power Supplies, Disconnects, Contactors etc.
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot and identify mechanical issues.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Ability to perform under limited supervision.
- Requires a flexible work schedule, which may include nights and weekends to support operating schedule and the needs of the facility.
- Must possess personal tools.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate/OSHA Standards and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
- Consistently behaves in a manner that is appropriate and professional.
Optional skills: Experience using inspection equipment such as: Calipers, Micrometers, mixing epoxies and/or silicone, hand soldering, Tig or Laser welder, manual Lathe or vertical mill, Oxygen/Acetylene torch, and drill press.
Shift length: 8a.m. – 4:30p.m. Monday – Friday, 30-minute lunch break.